m a t a WR

Saturday, October 9, 2010

im proud to be a MUSLIMAH!

To A Non-Muslim Woman,
When you look at me All that you can see is the scarf that covers my hair My words you can't hear because you're too full of fear, mouth gaping, all you do is stare  You think it's not my choice in your own "liberation" rejoice. You think I'm uneducated, trapped, oppressed and subjugated, You're so thankful that you're free.  But non-Muslim woman you've got it wrong You're the weak and I'm the strong. For I've rejected the trap of man. Fancy clothes - low neck, short skirt those are devices for pain and hurt. I'm not falling for that little plan.  I'm a person with ideas and thought. I'm not for sale, I can't be bought. I'm me - not a fancy toy, I won't decorate anyone's arm, nor be promoted for my charm. There is more to be than playing coy. 
From: Rashid Khan rkhan@ee.tufts.edu


No comments: